Wednesday, April 28, 2010

UNO





Thizzz is me..

aimlessly speaking for my own good




With the inspriartion from my dearest Caitlin Martini, I am officially a blogger!
"Your first post is crucial"- Caitlin
NO PRESSURE! 

hurrr we go...





Today as I stood in the stand up tanning booth with the radio blaring I realized I needed to entertain myself for the next 12 minutes. If any of you have been in a stand up booth you know that it is an enclosed cage with bright lights glowing all around you. So as pop songs played on the radio, I began dancing and pretended that I was a go-go cage dancer, no big deal.. that only lasted a few minutes before I realized how lame I really am!

When "Party in the USA" came on the radio, it brought me back to when I lived in Parker House and got woken up daily by that song coming from Delta Chi, the frat next door. So with Parker House on my mind, I reminisced on memories I had with the girls in that dorm. Which then led to me doing some deep thinking about friendships and relationship in general, with my time remaining in the tanning booth.

I have always believed that friendships and relationships are strictly based on geography. For example, I am friends with college friends now because 1. we all lived in the same dorm 2. we happen to be at the same place at the same time and 3. we are friends of friends we met in the dorm, party, ECT. 

But if you think about it, those friends you've made are not someone you'd typically hang out with, but your friends because of your geography and they are there at that moment. For the longest time I have held true to this because with geographical changes, like moving dorms, friendships you had before have now grown apart and you have made new friends.

keep in mind, I'm still in the tanning booth..

With two weeks shy of completing my freshman year in Arizona I have finally realized that way of thinking is very narrow minded because there are many proven factors against this hypothesis. 

The best example would be all my Temecula girl friends. Yes, I have moved away for college, as well as a few of the other girls,  but we all stay in contact and don’t let the geographical distance come between us or allow us to grow apart! If anything, I believe that we have all grown closer and don’t take for granted the moments we all have together. 

my 12 minutes are up and im nice and bronzed..

I walked back to my dorm I relized how luck I am to have know most of these girls since I was in elementary school and to this day I consider them my best friends! I am absolutely bless to have them in my life and could not imagine life without them. CLICHE, I know, but there is no other way to describe it! And I truely think that all of our differences just compliment one another, which has made our group of girls friends such a tight pack. I LOVE you and miss you all everyday I'm in AZ, and I cannot wait to spend this entire summer with you all!





a state apart, but close at heart..
and so it is..

1 comments:

Caitlin Martin said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU.
A. I love being mentioned and quoted.
B. You are so right, I feel that we are all closer than EVER.
C. Who know tanning could bring about such profound thoughts?
D. You are adorable.

I am inspired now to do a blog about the girls, from my perspective.

P.S. I love you. Did I say that already? Dgaf, I love you.