Thursday, April 29, 2010

super kawaii

For whatever reason, I have a low key obsession with harajuku girls.


Whats not to love about harajuku girls? This may seem completely random, but I was playing "Harajuku girls" by Gwen Steffani and it reminded me of how bizarre their under ground culture really is. They wear the strangest outfits and getaway  with it, like how sistahhs get away with purple weaves, metallic gold high tops and apple bottom jeans. Honestly, could you imagine wearing purple cloud socks with a pink tutu with green leg warmers and a white wig  on a daily basis?! How fun! Like Gwen says, "they're so distinctive, like DNA, like nothing i've ever see in the USA." Their language of their clothing is so creative and unique. I would LOVE to be in the Tokyo scene just to be a harjuku girl!



God, I miss that face :) My family and I always joke around saying that my dog, Gidget, should be a harajuku girl. Why, you ask? Simply because she is our little Asian pup. She has the typically flat face, she reads and writes in Chinese (although harajuku is Japanese), she is very smart and studious and she even barks with an accent. We call her hara-gidgy girl! The only problem is that she doesnt like playing dress us, but I feel like she will catch on one of these days!..


"Style is style
Fashion is fashion
Girl, you got style."

0 comments: